George Costanza’s infamous wallet on Seinfeld just might make you feel right at home. If your wallet is exploding like George’s, you’ll surely benefit from the info below.
You really only need the following 5 items in your wallet. The rest is likely clutter.
- Cash - after all, you have to buy things
- Credit/Debit Cards - just like #1 above, except for those who choose a different payment method
- Driver’s License - we know you are a great driver and never get pulled over, but you’ll possibly need it for many other occasions
- Membership Cards - we would never be caught without our Costco card, and neither should you! (this includes AAA, library cards, etc.)
- Insurance Cards - this goes without saying; no explanation needed
5 Items you should NOT carry in your wallet/purse:
- Social Security Card - no need to keep this handy for thieves to use
- Receipts - keep at home if needed for tax purposes. Otherwise, update your budget at point-of-sale. If you need help with this, check out our personal financial coaching services
- Gift Cards - only needed in your wallet/purse while on your way to spending them, otherwise you risk losing these
- Loyalty Cards - you can use your phone number instead
- Spare Change - ruins your wallet and weighs down your purse...keep this in a piggy bank at home
Less clutter means decreased anxiety, and also less opportunity for problems.
Contact us with questions...we’re here to help!