Seller financing is a great addition to your arsenal of solutions for clients; and we’d love to help you implement it with any of your clients who may benefit from this technique.........
Although we earn a living providing home loans, we recognize there are times when outside financing is in the best interest of our clients. So we’ve educated ourselves on how to help clients use seller financing when that is the best route for their situation.
- Can still purchase a home even if they can’t qualify with conventional lenders
- Good for those with low down payments, low credit scores, income documentation difficulties, employment challenges, hardship situations (foreclosure, short sale, bankruptcy)
- Achieve higher price & sell quicker by opening up pool of buyers
- Reduce upfront income taxes due on sale of investment property (pay taxes over time and avoid net investment tax rule)
- Earn higher interest on sale proceeds than could with other investments
There are many things to consider when implementing this seller financing strategy.
We just finished helping one of our clients purchase a $900,000 home without being the one to provide the actual financing. We assisted with structuring the loan terms and educate all parties on the tax implications.
How We Can Help You:
- As tax preparers, we’re armed with the information needed to educate your clients on the benefits of an installment sale (tax term for seller financing). There are many things to consider with seller financing, for both the buyers and sellers. One often overlooked detail is depreciation recapture on the sale of an investment property. This can be a big surprise for sellers not aware of this tax detail.
- We can help with structuring the loan terms to match the seller/buyer goals.
- We’re also happy to help your sellers by providing them with credit reports on any prospective buyers for their property.
Contact us any time for more information...we’d love to help!