What makes you stand out from any other Realtor whom homebuyers might select as their agent? What makes me stand out from any other lender whom Realtors might select as their preferred lender for clients? These are questions we must ask of our business models.........
If we aren’t making bold promises to those who might do business with us, then we aren’t differentiating ourselves from the crowd. Then our businesses are merely the fate of chance.
What are you doing different than other Realtors? Are you making a promise to your clients that you will sell their house in 60 days, or they pay you no commission? That would be a bold promise! Of course, you would want to make sure there are terms to that promise such as the seller agreeing to your sales price based on comparable sales, etc.
We have made several bold promises to go along with our mission of ensuring Realtors never have to face delayed or failed escrows:
- We pay buyers $100 for each day we are late after the scheduled close of escrow date...so we can’t afford to be late!
- We give buyers a 100% guarantee on lender closing costs quoted at the time of locking their rate. We don’t “bait and switch” clients; so they don’t cancel escrows.
Those are very bold promises considering we hear stories of lenders closing 7 days late and fees being $1,100 higher than initially quoted. If those two things happened with one of our escrows, we would be paying the buyer $1,800 ($100 per day late plus $1,100 for misquoted fees). That would be a costly mistake we couldn't afford to make continually. So we have implemented systems to prevent this from occurring.
HOW YOU CAN USE THIS:
- Take some time to establish your bold promises to clients.
- Display these promises on business cards, your website, marketing material, etc.
- Inform prospects of these unique promises you are offering them.
- Ask existing clients to share these promises with friends, family and co-workers.
- Build systems to ensure you can fulfill your promises.
We hope this tip helps you create differentiation for your business! Contact us if you have questions regarding our bold promises...we’re here to help!