Christmas is a good excuse to put a smile on the faces of those around you. Here are some creative ways to encourage your family/friends, neighbors, service providers, & random people you encounter daily.........
- Send a handwritten note to a friend or family member (these are the people who know all about you & still like you!)
- Buy groceries for a family member or friend in need (we all hit rough patches, help somebody smooth theirs out!)
- Contact those with whom you have lost touch (life is short, and neither of you are getting any younger!)
- Give your neighbors a festive treat for their pets (pets need some presents too!)
- Take lunch or dinner to a neighbor facing tough times (cheer up those you see every day...you’ll be glad you did!)
- Cater lunch for your kids’ schoolteachers (no better investment than in your child’s influencers)
- Give your housekeeper a massage certificate (he/she can use it after cleaning up your messes!)
- Leave a generous tip to any deserving waiters (cheer them up as they work on Christmas away from family)
- Pay for the car behind you in the drive‐thru line, or for the people behind you at a carryout restaurant (especially if they just let you go in front of them!)
- Put granola bars in your car to handout when you come across a homeless person (this should answer your reservation about giving money…)
- And lastly, show everyone a smile...we all have a lot to be thankful for in our lives!!